You may have heard in the wind… or maybe in the rustling leaves or babbling brook…
It is with great excitement that NCCWP invites you to our upcoming Forest Poets Event at Fort George’s Lovell Taproom in Astoria on Thursday, February 29th!
- The event will feature readings from several North Coast poets including the award-winning Dr. Robert Michael Pyle, Jim Dott, Jennifer Nightingale, Reba Owen, Logan Garner, and Lauren Mallett.
- Although the event takes place in the Lovell Taproom, all ages are welcome to attend!
- Join us for a night of food, drinks, and poetry reading!
- Selected works of poetry will be inspired by, and celebrate, our temperate rainforest ecosystem that has forests and bodies of water which serve as muse for many of us living in the area.
- Find the Forest Poets in the Lovell Taproom at Fort George Brewery
- 1483 Duane St. in Astoria, OR, 97103
- February 29, 2024
- Doors open at 5 pm for food, drinks, and mingling
- Poetry Event from 6-8 pm with a brief intermission
One of our first events in Astoria, it is NCCWP’s hope that this Forest Poets event will showcase yet another reason why our forests and watersheds are so critical to our health and wellbeing.
In addition to the clean air and water they provide us, their carbon sequestration capabilities, the abundance of local foods they house, these places are special in their utter beauty, intricacy, and complexity.
The temperate rainforest ecosystem is much older and wiser than we are. Its forested watersheds serve as a critical source of creative inspiration for many of us who live here, those who come to visit, those who were here before us.
Artists of all kinds populate much of the Northern Oregon Coast. Why is this the case? One hypothesis is that the unique and nurturing environment feeds creativity, connectivity, and introspection.
Join Our Email List
Sign-up for our mailing list and we'll keep you up-to-date with all of the news and upcoming events.
The Oregon Timber Industry Won Huge Tax Cuts in the 1990s. Now It May Get Another Break Thanks to a Top Lawmaker.
Please Sign Our Petition to Protect Coastal Drinking Watersheds
We've recently launched a petition, "Stop Clearcutting, Slash Burns and Pesticide Sprays Near Drinking Water Sources on the Oregon Coast" aimed at building momentum around protecting our forests and drinking watersheds.
Please sign the petition and share it with everyone you know.
Thank you North Coast Community!
There are many ways to help protect our watershed and keep our drinking water safe.
Your tax deductible donation will help us protect our watershed. Future generations will thank you!
We are a grassroots organization concerned about our watershed. We are making a difference in our community.